Odoru Daisousasen (TV) (1997) : The Law of Heart and the Unsung Heroes


When I began watching this Police Drama, I confess, I was little disappointed. I was expecting some awesome detective work like all other series and movies of the same genre. There was no Sherlock like deduction or Tom Cruise like action. The first episode was just full of boring police drama. But still, for some reason it kept me watching the series to the end. I'm glad that I followed it. Now I can say for sure, this is one of the best and most realistic police drama I have seen yet. 

Odoru Disousasen is focused on the dark side of a police agency. In real world the police work is not done by Sherlock Holmes, rather it's composed of hardworking individuals. In novels or drama's the detectives are cool heroes conducting difficult investigations. We think of those fictional characters as our saviors. To the general population, solving a murder case is more important than conducting investigation on simple (!) pick pocket. But detective Aoshima showed us that every case is equally important. It is important to follow your heart than the usual laws.

The series specially focused on the deep rivalry between a careerist and a front line police officer. The superior feelings of a privileged bureaucratic high ranking officers, and insecurity of the lower ranked front line officers, who does most of the actual police works, but rarely gets proper attention that they really deserve. 

Talking about it more will only make me give you spoiler. So, I highly recommend you to watch it. I will rate this series 10/10. Now that I search, I see it has 3 specials and 4 movies. I will go and search for them right away. 

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »