Spring 2014 Anime: Things I'm looking forward to

Finally the new season is almost upon us. I was just going through the upcoming anime list. There seems to be some pretty interesting ones coming this season. But at the same time, the list is full of ecchi and stupid booby anime. The anime industry is really losing it's passion as the time went by. I think it was Hayao Miyazaki from studio Ghibi who once said:

"The problem with the Anime Industry is that it's full of Otaku"

You said it sensei, you truly said the untold truth that us old otaku are wondering about for a long time. But even among all those boobs and panty, I still see a few good and interesting anime coming this season. I just hope the producers will make a good work with them. So, here are my personal preferences for this Spring 2014 season:

1. Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 



Description: Magic is a product of neither legends nor fairy tales, but instead has become a technology of reality since a time unknown to people. Supernatural power became a technology systematized through magic, while magic became a technical skill. A "Supernatural Power User" became a "Magic Technician." Magic Technicians (in short, Magicians) are nurtured through Magic High Schools and Universities. This is a story about: Tatsuya, a defective elder brother low achiever. Miyuki, a perfect, flawless younger sister high achiever. After both siblings entered a Magic High School, The stage of daily turbulence was unveiled—. (Source: Baka-Tsuki)

My Thought: Apparently, I'm a big fan of the light novel. If I say it's a Sci-fy, then it will be an underestimate. Calling it a Sci-fy Fantasy is probably the best. It's about magic which is proven and researched scientifically. The author spent a lot of time to explain the magic procedure and how it works. It's funny, it got strange romance, it got incest type attraction, it got action, it got suspense and an awesomely good story telling. So what else do you want? For the upcoming season, this anime stands at the top of my list of TO Watch.


2. Fairy Tail (2014)




Description: The 2014 reboot of Fairy Tail. Set in an imaginary world, the Earth Land, there exists a Mage Guild called "Fairy Tail". Fairy Tail is stationed in the town Magnolia, residing in the Kingdom of Fiore, and is currently governed by Makarov, Guild's master. Lucy Heartfilia, a 17-year-old girl, wishes to become a full-fledged mage and join one of the most prestigious Mage Guilds in the world, Fairy Tail. One day, out of pure coincidence, she meets Natsu Dragneel, a boy who is transportation-sick, but very cheerful in nature. However, the thing she does not know is that Natsu is the closest connection to Fairy Tail, as he is a Mage in Fairy Tail.

My Thought: Well, there is not much to say about Fairy Tail. The last series ended in the middle of an Arc with a awesome cliffhanger. Many otaku are waiting for a long time for it's continuation. I do know that a lot of my otaku friends don't like this. But as for me, I enjoyed the previous series. It's not something exceptional, but it was fun to watch. 


3. Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to



Description: A life description about the mangaka Aito Yuuki and his assistant Ashisu Sahoto. Aito doesn't understand the feelings of the characters on his stories. So he asks Ashisu to help him. Ashisu would do everything for the work. She would even let him touch her breast so he will know how it feels like?! The Habit?! The Pervert?! Can we understand them? That's the comedy of a mangaka life.

My Thought: I read the manga a long time ago. I enjoyed it pretty much. It's not anything serious. Just a light fun to lift your mood up after a long day of work. Hope they make it as good as the manga. 



The End?

Yap... unfortunately the list ends here. What can I say, I'm really picky about what I watch :D . I see some other new series that looks interesting. So I will give them a chance when they air. Will try a couple of eps and then I will decide whether to follow it through or just drop it. If any of them pick my interest then, I will express my thoughts then. 

If you guys want to check out the Spring 2014 Anime chart, you can find it here. You can also google for it if you like. 


Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »