Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) : Another Childhood Fantasy Ruined (5.57/10)



Among my childhood heroes, the mutant Turtles were one of the top ones. So, when saw a trailer about a live movie for the TMNT, I felt like the revival of my childhood. Just a few minute ago I finished watching this movie, and now I'm dumb struck. Rather than the TMNT, it felt like I saw a Power Rangers or Kamen Rider movie who wore Turtle Battle dress. Hmm... I wonder whether it's really that bad........... or may be because I'm not a KID anymore.

The character design sucks. They look strong, but the same time, horrible. Why are these guys over 6 foot tall? If I remember correctly, the original design of the mutant turtles were short. The new movie made them more monster like. Totally ruined the image. The actions sucks. Specially the end of Raphael and Shreder's fight at the laboratory. Why did Shreder leave before killing Raphael and the others? And how did he move to the tower so fast? 

The actions are so slow, not a ninja like. The Shreder is more like a cyborg, than a martial arts master. Damn, this new villain is so stupid. Even his acting sucks. 

There are some good fun scenes though mixed with some other not so funny stupid jokes. If I'm to say one good thing about this movie, that will be: 

MEGAN FOX'S ASS IS STILL THE SEXIEST ... XD



Cinematography: 7/10
Sound: 5/10
Story Concept: 5/10
Suspense: 3/10
Action: 6/10
Character Design: 7/10
Enjoyment: 6/10

Trailer 

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »